More and more of us are leading sedentary lives, sitting for long periods in work or during leisure or entertainment pastimes. The pandemic has made us even more inactive!
Why not get together with your colleagues virtually and safely, and sign-up to Cycle for Autism? Take the first step towards creating a more healthy, energetic and connected workforce. Make a difference and change the lives of autistic people – one cycle ride at a time.
Increased physical activity can reduce stress and absenteeism, resulting in happier, more satisfied and productive staff. Cycle for Autism is an easy, fun and rewarding way to boost staff activity levels, especially during these unusual times. It’s also a fantastic way to meet corporate social responsibility goals.
As a virtual event, you and your colleagues can set up a Team (or Teams) and fundraise together with a shared target, whilst still cycling solo. This means everyone can take part – no matter what their location, lifestyle or schedule (so there’s no excuse!).
All your colleagues from across the UK and Ireland can take part in the same Team. As it's virtual anything is possible!
However it's really important to remember everyone in the Team must cycle solo or with other members of their household as per current Government guidelines. Please do follow these to keep safe.
Which department will raise the most money? A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone!
Getting your workplace involved is easy:
- Decide how many Teams you want to sign-up
- Nominate a Team Leader(s) to create the Team(s)
- Decide who will be in each Team. You have the option to invite people by e-mail when you create a Team
- Invite staff to set-up their personal fundraising page and join their Team.
- Each member of staff who registers online will receive a Cycle for Autism Welcome Pack.
- Set your fundraising target
- When each members fundraising page has reached £10 they will receive a T-shirt
- Get everyone to wear their T-shirts with pride, start fundraising and get cycling during Cycle for Autism week 14 to 21 July!
- And don't forget to take a photo and share it on the group Facebook page to cheer everyone in your Team on!
Benefits of taking part in Cycle for Autism
Easy and rewarding Team-building activity
Encourages staff to work together
Creates a fun environment
Promotes social connectivity
Leads to happier, more motivated staff
Taking part in Cycle for Autism shows how much your workplace cares about autism.
Improves health and wellbeing
Aids relaxation and clears the mind
Improves confidence and mood
Helps manage weight
Provides a sense of achievement and satisfaction
Promotes healthier blood pressure
Builds stronger bones and muscles
Taking part in Cycle for Autism is good for you, good for your workplace and good for autistic people!